2Control is a compact and user-friendly monitor controller capable of outstanding audio quality device designed to assist with mixing on both headphones and monitors.
A Multi-Functional Control Centre
As the name might suggest, 2Control provides two separate input sources, two stereo outputs for speakers and two balanced our puts for multiple headphone monitoring purposes.
Each of the speaker outputs is armed with its own balancing stage and both headphone outputs also feature separate amplification to allow completely independent operation based on the listener’s preference.
Handling Source Management Out Of The Box
Many modern sound cards and converters opt for lower bit rates instead of providing analogue level control, resulting in an overall loss of audio quality.
2Control allows independent control outside of the DAW minimising this loss and negating any possibility of over/under-driving converters when adjusting levels.
High Quality Components
2Control’s volume adjuster is controlled by a high quality ALPS RK27 "Big Blue” potentiometer backed by active electronics. The integration active circuitry insures a jump in reproduction quality and also avoids impedance shifts as levels change.
Inherited from SPL’s acclaimed Phonitor headphone amplifier model, Crossfeed is a unique technology which aligns headphone mixing more closely with studio monitor mixing.
Headphones generally have a disadvantage when mixing due to the configuration of their drivers when compared to 30º angled studio monitors. Crossfeed combats this divide by correcting the stereo panorama to ensure a better stereo image and a more translatable mix.
- Active circuitry over passive for improved sound quality
- Loudspeakers and headphones with the same monitor controller
- Dual headphone amplifiers to accomodate multiple listeners
- Switchable sources, dim and mono/stereo
- Crossfeed technology for headphone/speaker mix continuity
- High-quality balancing stages built-in
- Single channel monitor output perfect for mono mixing
- Adjustable sensitivity for both pro and consumer audio peripherals