Presenting another original creation from the minds of revered Chicago mod-shop Black Lion Audio. The Eighteen is a fully featured channel strip combining a transformer-based preamp and 2-band passive induction equaliser.
The internal architecture of Eighteen utilises custom-made discrete opamps along with Cinemag input and output transformers. Super clean sounds are easy to achieve, but the Eighteen really comes into its own when pushed to add more turgid analogue saturation to vocals, drums or any acoustic instrument.
Eighteen’s EQ can be pushed to an aggressive level without sounding too harsh, and the built-in boost and cut functions can ably boost focus to the low end and mid/high range with exquisite clarity.
- Vintage style preamp section
- CineMag input and output transformers
- Custom discrete op-amps
- Inductor-based 2-band passive EQ
- 80Hz highpass and 10kHz lowpass filters
- Switchable mic/line inputs, polarity and phantom power
- Backlit VU meter on the front panel
- Internal power supply
- Selectable voltage selector