Black Lion’s B172A is a veritable Swiss army knife of compression featuring both optical and FET limiter circuits.
Housed in just 2 units of 19” rack space, the B172A contains two separate stages, a Seventeen / 1176-style compressor, and a newly designed Teletronix LA2A-style stage featuring Black Lion’s own T4BLA opto cell element.
Every mix engineer has their own personal preference on blending optical and FET compressed signals for different sources and different musical material. Armed with this knowledge, Black Lion have built-in versatile routing options to enable AB, BA and even standalone 17 versus 2A compression.
Each stage can also be stereo linked across multiple B172A units for dual 17 or dual 2A signal where desired.
- Two compressors in one (Seventeen and 2A-style)
- A/B, B/A, and standalone switchable
- Cinemag 2A input transformer
- Custom-designed Black Lion Audio T4B opto element
- USA-built 76 and 2A output transformers
- High grade signal path and power decoupling capacitors
- Stereo linkable