Avantone’s original CV12 has gained a decorated reputation as one of the best tube condensers on the market, being adopted by commercial and home studios all over the world.
The brand new CV12-BLA edition features input from none-other than Chicago-based outboard and modification house Black Lion Audio. Several innovative mods have been made to the CV12’s design which affords it an even cleaner, fuller sound that allows vocal, instrument and overhead recordings to sit even more effortlessly in mixes.
Under the hood, a completely overhauled a-board circuit tames the CV12 high-mid frequency hump and achieves a flatter response and more balanced range. The original 32mm K67 capsule has been swapped out for a larger 34mm CK12 style diaphragm, offering slightly sweeter highs combined with boosted, more powerful lows.
For additional flourish, the CV12BLA ships with an eye catching Jetsun shock mount specially designed to give closer access to vocalists, and a faux alligator carry case that screams 'Made with pride in USA.'
- Overhauled circuit with flatter frequency response
- 34mm CK12-styled capsule for smoother high-end
- Improved balanced response and increased headroom
- Solen FastCap coupling capacitor for extreme transparency
- Extra filtering on transformer bridge diode for super-clean sound
- New PSU equipped with low-noise circuit
- Ships with Jetsun shockmount and faux alligator skin case