The CK7+ is an impressive evolution on its CK7 predecessor, designed to offer 'modded performance' in an off-the-shelf condenser. The Plus features a larger 34mm gold-sputtered Mylar capsule powered by discreet transformerless Class A FET circuitry and metalized polypropylene and polystyrene capacitors.
Built for workhorse studio applications, the CK7+ features cardioid, omni and figure 8 polar patterns to satisfy a variety of sources. The 10dB pad also caters for more lively sources such as guitar cabs and live drums, and a switchable 80Hz high pass filter serves to attenuate any unwanted low-range frequencies.
The CK7+ exhibits airy highs and rocking lows perfect for vocal recording spanning multiple genres. Each unit ships with all the trimmings that you’d expect from a versatile microphone solution, including a purpose built retro shock mount, wooden storage box and aluminium traveling case.
Like many Avantone Pro models, the outer housing is constructed from precision-machined brass and finished in Avantone’s elegant signature wine-red.
- 34mm gold-sputtered Mylar capsule
- Discreet transformerless Class A FET circuitry
- High-grade polystyrene and metalized polypropylene capacitors
- Airy, open highs and rock-solid lows
- Multipattern design with cardioid, omni, and figure 8 polar patterns
- 10dB pad
- 80Hz highpass filter
- Hard wearing precision-machined brass housing
- Ships with retro shockmount, wood storage box, aluminum travel case
- Applications: vocals, acoustic guitar, drum overheads, piano, and more