For audio engineers feeling on edge at the prospect of storing and maintaining a cabinet full of priceless vintage mics, Slate Digital present a smart, streamlined and affordable digital solution to meet everybody’s studio microphone needs.
ETA 1-2 WEEKS
- Ultra-linear large-diaphragm condenser microphone
- Sonically neutral sound profile
- Large diaphragm with 6-micron capsule
- Integrates with included VMS mic/preamp modelling software
- More control over recorded sounds during mix-down
- Classic Tubes 1 & 2 plus Virtual Preamp Collection licenses included
- Ships with shock-mount, carrying case
Slate’s VMS ML-1 microphone is an ultra-linear large diaphragm condenser, designed to capture audio with clinical precision.
Designed to synchronise seamlessly with Slate’s VMS virtual microphone modelling software, the ML-1’s goal is to remain as sonically neutral as possible – even with the most lively sources – to serve as the best blank canvas for digital emulations.
Unlike vocals recorded with a traditional condenser microphone, all VMS ML-1 vocals are recorded neutrally. This presents infinitely more power over recorded material during mix down. Engineers may decide that a recorded vocal is better suited to a 47-style microphone than an 800-style, and each scenario can be easily auditioned before being bounced in the final mix.
Each VMS ML-1 is bundled with full licenses for Slate’s Classic Tubes 1 & 2 microphone modelling pack as well as the Virtual Preamp Collection. These powerful plugin libraries offer an incredible number of emulations from warm and vintage to ultra-fidelity to satisfy any vocal within almost any mix.