Metric Halo’s ChannelStrip for has been an integral part of the sound of myriad Grammy-award winning, Gold and Platinum records, hit TV shows and blockbuster movies. The first plug-in to bring classic large format console-style ChannelStrip processing to Pro Tools TDM, ChannelStrip has been the critical tool for getting “the sound” for thousands of professional recording engineers, composers and musicans world-wide.
ChannelStrip 2 is a plug-in that's been used on countless hits and soundtracks with a fourteen year pedigree. Now Metric Halo made it better, incorporating user feedback. Welcome to ChannelStrip 3 for Pro Tools 10.
ChannelStrip includes over 100 professionally constructed presets that are automatically installed with the plug-in that provide a wide variety of fix-its and starting points for optimizing the sound of your individual channels and mixes.
ChannelStrip includes the following critical signal processors integrated together in one easy-to-use interface:
- EQ (48-bit — the first on the platform!)
The integrated delay is useful for adjusting the relative timing of tracks; this is great if you are recording sources (like a guitar amp) with multiple microphones. While this feature can be critical in a professional environment, it is a bit on the technical side, and you may find that you never need to utilize it. But it is there if you need it!
The Compressor is the primary dynamics processing element in ChannelStrip. Similar to the Expander/Gate, it provides an automatic gain-riding feature, but instead of the gain changing when the signal is low, the compressor changes the gain when the signal level is high. By lowering the gain when the signal level is high, the compressor can even out the dynamics of a performance, pull low-level detail out of the sound, and even radically change the nature of the sound passing through it. The compressor has been compared (favorably!) with the bus compressor in the SSL mega-bucks mixing console — a processor that is much coveted for its ability to “fatten up” everything that passes through it.
- PT10 or above for Pro Tools Users
- All versions of Logic supported
- iLok account
- New look for the user interface
- Resizable - small, medium and large sizes to fit different screen resolutions, make CS 3 easier to use
- Added "MIO Comp" character from our hardware MIOStrip
- Now includes a limiter, making ChannelStrip 3 a single plug-in master bus solution
- SpectraFoo™ spectrum analysis on the EQ and sidechain graphs
- Sidechain listens for the gate and compressor
- All your existing ChannelStrip 2 presets open seamlessly for session compatibility