Originally released in 2001, the Mobile I/O 2882 truly is the first digitally controlled FireWire interface designed specifically for Mac.
The Granddaddy of them all, the 2882 just keeps getting better. A seminal piece of gear, the feature set of the 2882 represents a list of firsts in the industry. The 2882 was the first Mac-only FireWire interface on the market and was the first bus-powerable FireWire interface ever — 7 years and counting! It is also the first (and only) FireWire interface to offer onboard fully instantiable DSP processing with a unique +DSP processing environment. The first 96k FireWire interface, and the first to feature digitally controlled analog stages, the 2882 has inspired an entire genre of gear.
Now, with the introduction of the 2882 Expanded, with integrated 2d Card, the 2882 jumps ahead of its competition again. The 2d Card greatly enhances the DSP processing power of the Mobile I/O, adds a brand new ADAT implementation and also improves the clock of any unit into which it is installed.
- 8 Mic/Line/Instrument analog inputs
- 8 analog outputs on balanced TRS connectors
- 24/96k converters on all channels
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O (switchable to TOSLINK)
- Headphone amp with front panel mute/dim
- Full front-panel metering
- Remote level control on all channels
- AES-S/PDIF Digital I/O with selectable SRC
- v.5 Configurable mixer for near-zero latency mixing and routing
- Metric Halo’s unique instantiable +DSP processing
- DC power system for wall, FireWire bus, and battery operation world-wide
- Total recall with MIO Console
- OS X drivers with multi-box support
- Compact, convenient, and the best value in pro-audio today!