The Fostex HP-A4BL builds on the original HP-A4 by adding some extra features for the budget conscious but demanding headphone user.
Balanced and powerful in a small package
The HP-A4BL, as the BL suggests, adds a 4-pin balanced output for optimum performance with high-end headphone models. Being mains powered (the HP-A4 use USB bus power only), the HP-A4BL has over 3x more output power, to handle more demanding loads, with a plus 10dB high/low gain switch for better matching.
New chip set for higher resolution formats
The Fostex HP-A4BL implements the Burr-Brown PCM1792A DAC chip, increasing file support to include 192/24 bit PCM and DSD 11.2Mhz (DSD256/Quad). The HP-A4BL can be used with the Fostex Audio player to decode FLAC, ALAC, DSD, WAV, AIFF and most other popular audio formats.
- Equipped with 4-pin XLR balanced output
- Newly developed audio-grade capacitor
- Highly precise clock crystal with low phase noise
- Playback of 24bit/192kHz PCM and 11.2MHz DSD audio
- High performance DAC (Burr-Brown PCM1792A) is equipped
- Asynchronous transfer up to 192kHz/24bit compatible with USB Audio 2.0
- HI/LO Gain selection (10dB) for wider selection of headphones
- Digital Filter selecting roll-off characteristics and cut-off frequencies