Audix present a large diaphragm condenser featuring a new 33mm externally biased capsule and 3.5 micron gold sputtering.
Heart of gold
The A231 large diaphragm build features a machine aluminium body and an eye catching gold-plated brass band around it’s equator. However, this isn’t the only gold on offer - A231’s unique 33mm capsule features gold sputtering throughout its diaphragm, including areas all the way to the perimiter.
This has the effect of 25% improved responsiveness from the diaphragm during sound capture and delivers a remarkably clear sound both in for vocals and instrumental recordings.
Audix’s unique internal shock mount design protects the A231’s capsule against vibration and mechanical interference. This route also negates the need for a bulky external shock mount making setup faster and transport easier.
Each A231 is machined and assembled at Audix’s facility in Oregon, USA to ensure the highest rate of quality.
- 33mm externally-biased condenser capsule
- 29 mm 3.4 micron gold-sputtered diaphragm
- 25% greater effective diaphragm area
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Built-in shock mount design
- Low noise preamp circuitry
- Machined aluminum body
- Transducer / Capsule Technology
- Ships with D-Clip and protective carry case
- Machined and assembled in Oregon, USA