Metric Halo ULN2 2d Audio Interface
SCV CODE: MH-ULN2+2D
£1,099.00 inc. VAT
The ULN-2 Expanded is the result of a dream to create a piece of audio gear that provides unbelievable audio quality while at the same time offering a degree of mobility and convenience that until very recently was simply not possible. The successful integration of world-class analog stages, excellent A/D/A conversion, and the amazing digital mixing, routing and FireWire connectivity that has already made the Mobile I/O line famous, places the ULN-2 in a unique position among computer audio interfaces.
The ULN-2 Expanded is a portable, high–quality, modular FireWire–based multi-format audio converter, interface, and processor for professional audio applications. The ULN-2 is equipped with two balanced analog inputs on Neutrik™ combo connectors, two channels of Digital I/O (AES/EBU and S/PDIF), eight channels of ADAT optical I/O with switchable TOSLINK support, two balanced analog outputs (1/4" TRS), two balanced monitor outputs for connecting directly to power amps and self powered monitors, as well as wordclock in/out and 2 IEEE 1394 FireWire connectors that support 400 Mbs operation.
The Best Mic Pres Available
ULN stands for Ultra Low Noise and the Mic Pres in ULN-2 live up to the name. Providing massive gain (up to 72 dB) with an EIN of -130.5 dBu, fantastic detail and an ultra-fast slew rate, the ULN Mic pres are up to the most demanding recording situations you can throw at them.
And of course it has the same FireWire connectivity, amazing A/D/A converters and powerful onboard DSP as its older sibling – the Mobile I/O 2882.
Balanced Analog Sends and Returns
The ULN-2 also features balanced analog inserts for each input. This lets you use ULN-2 as a standalone analog Mic pre/direct box; use the sends as an active splitter to drive a backup recorder, or even patch in analog dynamics processing between the Mic Pre and the integrated 24bit/96kHz A/D converters.
Flexible Powering Options
The 4-pin XLR power port on the ULN-2 allows you to power the unit with a variety of readily available broadcast battery systems. The 4-pin power port is compatible with power sources having the following characteristics: 9-30V DC, Pin 4 Hot, 15 Watts.
- 2 Mic/Line/Instrument analog inputs on Neutrik Combo connectors
- Balanced TRS analog sends and returns for analog inputs
- 2 analog outputs on balanced TRS connectors
- 24bit/96k converters on all channels
- Headphone amp with front panel volume knob
- Balanced stereo master control room monitor output with front panel volume control
- AES-S/PDIF Digital I/O with selectable SRC
- 8 channels all new ADAT I/O with switchable TOSLINK support
- v.5 Configurable mixer for near-zero latency mixing and routing
- Metric Halo’s unique instantiable +DSP processing
- 4-pin XLR power port for compatibility with most location battery systems
- 10 front panel preset system/routing memories for stand-alone operation
- FireWire Connectivity
- Compact, light, and bus-powerable
- Total recall with MIO Console
- OS X drivers with multi-box support
ULN-2 2d installation